Friday, August 11, 2017

Another Quote Friday



To get away to myself, where I was sure no one could hear me, and sing and sing till I made the echoes ring, was one of the chief joys of my existence, but I had never made a success in singing to company.
From My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin (1901)

Fits my early life exactly! Now I just plain can't sing out loud, though. I've gone all croaky. (Although I do seem to be less inhibited while driving and sometimes croak away in the car.)

These sometimes ring when I walk by the cabinet; then I have to move them a little.

Enjoy your weekend!
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess