Sunday, August 13, 2017

A Word for Us on 8/13/17


For instance, take the matter of eating. God has given us an appetite for food and stomachs to digest it.
But that doesn't mean we should eat more than we need ...
1 Corinthians 6:13  TLB

This is a tough one (and food isn't the main topic of this verse, but I'll leave it to you to look it up if you're interested).

It has taken me many years to accept the fact that I can't eat as much as I want to and be slender. My life is a far cry from my twenties when it seemed I could eat all I wanted of anything and stay a healthy weight (there were brief exceptions when I did gain, though, I'll admit).

These days I am older and sedentary enough that it just doesn't take much food to keep me going. And the lighter amount I do eat (I shoot for 1200 to 1400 calories most days) still maintains far more weight than I'd like. (I eat a little more some days, which I need to amend. But honestly, sometimes I fear that to weigh 130 lbs I'd have to live off 800 calories a day and two hours of daily exercise!)

And if I want to feel well, I need to get all the nutrition I can out of my calorie intake. That's sort of hard for me to accept, too!

But I hereby resolve to do my best, with God's help, to make better choices, including getting more exercise. However, I'll still have the occasional treat because I want to do that for myself just as much as I want to make better choices on the whole. A gal can only take so much deprivation. ;^]

Have a great start to your week!
Bess
PS: The photo is from 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess