Friday, July 21, 2017

Hope


From At Home in Thrush Green by Miss Read, Anthony Bull says to Charles Henstock, when the latter was lamenting his old rectory that had burned down:

"Well," said Anthony at last, "it's no good harking back, Charles. We have to go forward, you know. And with hope."

Amen to that!

Have a fantastic weekend,
Bess
PS: If you want to read some of my thoughts on hope, my devotional memoir is available via Amazon, only 99 cents for the Kindle version, $6.99 for a pretty, ecru paper, matte softcover book. (I also explain my deliberately grammatically incorrect title in my introduction!) See the top of my sidebar if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess