Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Word for Us on 7/30/17



May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
2 Thessalonians 2:16,17

God gives us the strength to perform good deeds and say good words, and as we do so, our hearts are encouraged!

In addition to making others happy by our good deeds, I know that for myself, doing nice things for others, especially "clear out of the blue," makes me happy. Joyce Meyer has said that doing for others makes her happy.

Recently I also heard her say, "Happy thoughts make a happy life." I like that and I once did a post on "think happy, be happy": here.)

Of course, being human, I don't succeed 100% of the time. But I keep coming back to happy thoughts, and do so often, and that helps me to not only function and keep going, but to mostly enjoy my days.

What are my happy thoughts? Well, I've written many times on the subject, but when I realize I'm being negative, I then silently sing hymns and praises to God, silently confess empowering Bible verses, and silently tell God what I thank Him for. Of course, if I get the chance to do these things out loud, I do that, too. Next thing I know, my mind is engaged, but not with negative thoughts.

Have a decidedly blessed week,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess