Sunday, July 16, 2017

A Word for Us on 7/16/17


A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
Luke 6:45  NKJV

What's in our hearts?

Negativity was my default setting. But slowly, over the years, I've been reprogramming my default to encompass worship and singing, continual prayer, praise and singing, thanksgiving, confessing scripture, and singing. (Mostly I sing silently, in my head.)

I'm not always successful, and I sometimes cycle through various stages between negativity and positivity. I have made negative statements or at times said just downright odd things that my filter didn't catch, and I've been embarrassed by what I've uttered.

But I know that I keep improving as I remind myself to partake of the good practices above, along with studying God's Word, reading inspiring books, and listening to uplifting music. Oh, enjoying His creation (nature) and loving on kitties helps, too!



May God lift you up today and every day,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess