Sunday, June 4, 2017

One More Journal


My back porch is the only spot in my house with any good light!

I bought the above cup and journal on separate visits to Walgreens. I think maybe a portion of the proceeds went to various causes. These obviously had to do with water in some way. I'm afraid I don't recall exactly.

But I am using the cup (16oz to the top) for my water each day. It makes my water intake seem a little less of a drudgery.

I know I'll use the journal as a commonplace book, what with having the title Notes on the cover. I am using one of my new journals from Mother's Day, see here, to write out positive confessions/affirmations. I have begun, and hope to fill the whole journal. My thinking could use a fresh injection of positivity!

As to my new Paris journal, I haven't decided on its purpose yet. Perhaps I shall be like Miss Read from Village Diary, when her good friend Amy gifts her with a journal:

When Amy handed me this present she remarked earnestly, "Try to use it, dear. Self-expression is such a wonderful thing, and so vital for a woman whose life is--well, not exactly abnormal, but restricted!" This smacked of Amy's latest psychiatrist to me, but after the first reaction of speechless fury, I agreed civilly and have had over a week savouring this bon mot with increasing joy.

I'm not much of a diarist, although I do that somewhat in my prayer and retirement journals. Perhaps I'll follow Miss Read's lead and use my Paris journal as a year-long diary.



My journals certainly bring me joy, but most of all God's Word and my family 
bring me joy.


Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Nehemiah 8:10, 
after Ezra read The Book of Law to the Israelites who had returned to Jerusalem
after the Babylonian Exile.

Enjoying a sweet drink right now! (That's why I need a pretty cup/glass to help me drink enough water. Aargh.)
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess