Friday, June 23, 2017

My Stationery


Stationery has come and gone over the course of my life, but today I'm sharing what I have on hand at the current time. Some is getting to be twenty years old. Some arrived as gifts that are much appreciated and enjoyed. Some belonged to my dear mother. (Sorry for the dark photos; and that was the light outside on my little back porch! I've used auto correct wherever I found it helped a little bit.)




Kitties with attitude.

The kitty stationery in the boxes belonged to my mother first.


I used to be a pretty good letter writer. I still have many of my letters to my mother and grandmother that I found after their deaths. And theirs to me. One of  my projects has been to go through them to see if I can thin them down to the most meaningful. 


Crane on top; the bottom two are Hallmark. My son informs me the music is a Chopin Nocturne.






Just as in Austen's days, I even have had friends in town with whom I exchanged letters. Sometimes I prefer it to a phone call. 

I've shared this before. It's Papyrus and was a gift. Very beautiful, large paper
and an equally gorgeous box.

This and that. I've omitted one or two.



I keep a little sheet of paper in each box to note who I've sent which design so that they can have the pleasure of a different one next time.


Just a couple remain of these.

I bought the French Country notecards; the others were gifts. So cute.



You'd think I'd write more letters! However, I've written three in the last couple weeks, so I hope to continue along those lines. Although these days I mostly text or email, for me, writing and/or receiving snail mail is still one of the great joys in life. What about you?


But Beatrix was a practical person. She stayed cheerful by focusing on what she had and what she could do, rather than making herself unhappy by longing for what she would never have or couldn't do.
From The Tale of Cuckoo Brow Wood, The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter (Book 3)
by Susan Wittig Albert


Thanks for visiting! Have a delightful weekend!
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess