Thursday, June 29, 2017

Is Your House in Order?



For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world,
and lose his own soul?
Mark 8:36 KJV

Dear Ones, we're closer now to Jesus' return than at any other time in history.

The story of the ten virgins in Matthew 25 tells the importance of being ready for His return. There absolutely will be a point when the opportunity for making a decision for Christ will be over.

I am sometimes a rather lazy housekeeper. I will gladly put housework on hold to do things that feed my soul. 


Years ago (over forty), my ex and I were at home relaxing in our apartment one evening. I had not done any housework that day, so dishes were in the sink and on the counter, stray clutter not picked up in the living room. Probably the bed wasn't even made!

Knock, knock, knock.

My husband's sister and her husband had stopped by for a visit unannounced. Of course, we were always glad to see them, but I quickly became embarrassed and uncomfortable. Suddenly being aware how messy our apartment looked, I sidled over to the sink and prepared to do the dishes.

My wise sister-in-law walked over to me (it was an open plan kitchen and LR) and said, "Well, come talk to us. It's too late to clean up now; we're already here."

When our Lord returns, those who aren't prepared will be in much greater dire straits than simply feeling embarrassed.

If you don't feel prepared and think you just might want to be, read through Four Steps to God. The link is also on my sidebar under Get Jesus. Then begin to spend time in God's Word, the Bible. You will grow to love it, I'm sure. And talk to Him. That's all prayer is.

I have to admit the incident with my s-i-l didn't totally cure me (although I generally do much better these days). Every once in awhile I'll think how I need to dust or vacuum or clean the toilet bowl or put away some things, but then I tell myself, "I'll do that tomorrow." When the next day comes, and I'm full of my good intentions ... 


Knock, knock, knock.

With love,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess