Sunday, May 21, 2017

I Love Me Some New Journals


My son and d-i-l sent me two journals from Papyrus for Mother's Day. I love them! They are "deconstructed." Not sure what all that entails, but they lay open flat and are 6.5 by 8.5 which is a nice size for writing or art journaling.

As I told my son, I would keep them in my "journal drawer," and one day, probably before too long, they will beckon to me and I will know just what I want to use them for. Could be as a commonplace journal or an art journal or a scrapbook or a Bible scripture journal or ...  (If you are interested, you can check my sidebar for a couple posts on my journaling.)



You might notice the dying maple leaves on the ground, a gift from our recent hailstorm. We have a man who takes care of our yard because neither my brother (obviously!) nor I are in good enough physical condition to mow and rake. Although I did do it for years. It's just too risky now however. Our yard man is kind enough to come only every other week since our budget is limited. He is a huge help to us. But as it's his week off, the leaves will be with us awhile longer.


My yard has dandelions and other weeds, and I am so thankful it does (this is more so in my backyard, than the front). I think of it as a little nature preserve and am constantly blessed by visits from rabbits, large and small; squirrels; local birds; and birds just passing through. My desk faces out from my bedroom to the backyard, and I love watching all my critters. Most of the neighbors have more pristine yards than mine, but that's OK. I'm glad my yard isn't full of fertilizers and herbicides. In fact, I hope to, someday, make it a Certified Wildlife Habitat, per Brenda's post from Cozy Little House, here. I must wait until I can earmark the funds for the few things I'd need to complete the requirements, but I've got a good start!

For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath
but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:9

I hope you have been experiencing a most enjoyable weekend! We are having a gorgeous day after a stormy week. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Blessings,
Bess

2 comments:

  1. The two journals sent by your thoughtful son and DiL will be very useful. I like the covers. The fact that the pages lie flat when opened is helpful. I'm sure it won't be to long when you start using one. I hope the better weather continues. I do like a garden that has wild flowers growing there. Even dandelions are good (in moderation). You are on trend as many of the gardens at this year's Chelsea Flower Show were naturalistic in style with plenty of wild flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! If I'm "on trend" it'll be a first for me! :O) Actually, that's a good idea about the wildflowers, and perhaps I'll deliberately sow some wildflower seed around in spots I think they won't get mowed down. At least the bunnies do a pretty good job keeping the dandelions from taking over. Blessings to you, dear one.

      Delete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess