Tuesday, May 9, 2017

For Your Reading Pleasure 5/9/17


If you're a fan of all things Jane Austen, and have not yet acquired these books by Kim Wilson, may I be so bold as to say that I think you'll want to!

Although they contain many photos (Tea with Jane Austen mostly contains old prints and paintings), the books are replete with informative and interesting prose. I love them all and hope the author is working on another. In order of release (photos are links), they are:










The first two are about 7"x9" and approximately 120 pages. At Home with Jane Austen is the largest book (10"x10", 144 pp). They are all lovely hardcover editions. At least, that's what I purchased.

Note: In case it matters to you, Tea with Jane Austen was republished by Frances Lincoln Limited. It comes with a nice book jacket, which the first publisher didn't have. I used to have the first version but donated it to the library because the Frances Lincoln edition was nicer, imho. Frances Lincoln also published In the Garden..., but At Home with Jane is published by Abbeville Press. 

It looks like In the Garden with Jane Austen is only available via third party now. It tours several gardens, and offers a plan for the garden at Chawton. I do wish At Home with Jane Austen had more actual photos of the houses and surrounding areas, but it makes for wonderful reading, and does contain photos (just not enough!) and illustrations.



I hope you'll enjoy these pretty books as much as I do!
Be blessed,
Bess
PS: I am an Amazon Associate. Thank you so much for looking at these books (and you can always check with your local library). If you do enter Amazon and buy anything at all via one of my links, it costs you nothing extra and gives me a little desperately needed credit for buying books for myself. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.





2 comments:

  1. Hello, Bess, I have found your blog and I see you have the lovely Tea with Jane Austen book which I mentioned on my afternoon tea post a little while ago - snap! I didn't know there were two other books in this short series.
    I do hope your cat is enjoying her read, too!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret! Yes, I have shared about these books before, I'm fairly certain, but thought they were worth repeating. After all, the readership of our blogs is always changing! The sweet little kitty in the photo passed away last September, but I have very fond memories of her, and I still occasionally post a photo. She did love to be in the middle of whatever I was doing!!! :O) Blessings, Bess

      Delete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess