Sunday, April 2, 2017

A Celebratory Word

Soon there will be peonies:


Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them.
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy;
they will sing before the Lord, for he comes,
he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
and the peoples in his truth.
Psalm 96:11-13

We have had three inches of rain this week after nearly no moisture for several months (only an ice storm). I can sense the jubilant fields and hear the singing flora and fauna all around! Praise His Name!

And iris or irises:


But if you've been coping with anxiety (and just about all do from time to time):

When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul.
Psalm 94:19

Tell Jesus all about what is troubling you, and ask Him to give you His peace. Then begin to sing or hum a song to your little self and go do some housework or yardwork or anything else productive, while you sing along. Repeat as necessary.


Have a most blessed Sunday,
Bess
(Photos from 2015)

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful peonies and irises! I particularly like these delicate blooms and pale colours. I'm sure the rain has done the plants good. Praying you know the Lord's refreshing times, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! And you as well. The rain has done wonders. I am enjoying the bunnies scarfing the fresh "delicacies" that have sprung up in my yard. (OK, some people call them weeds!) Bess

      Delete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess