Saturday, March 11, 2017

My Saturday


I've checked off my to-do list for today, plus have done a few extras. I'm not manic, though. My energy comes and goes, but unfortunately it doesn't rev up to an extreme. Wish it did, but then I'd probably have a heart attack from the overexertion! 


I retrieved this little planter from my garage today, washed it, and will use it for my desk pencil holder during the warmer seasons. Works a treat! (I do so love British books and blogs.)

So I'm having some time at my desk, reading blogs and reading from my Kindle for PC (currently reading Patricia Brent, Spinster; from 1918; it's somewhat cute so far). In case anyone isn't aware, Amazon has a free app to put Kindle on your computer. This has worked very well for me because I'm at my computer almost everyday anyway, and I just spend another 10-15 minutes reading a Kindle book I've downloaded (146 downloaded, but not all read, so far! Delightfully shameful!) There are so many out-of-print books being made available on Kindle now. I think it's wonderful! 


I didn't want a Kindle reader for the longest time, but just reading a bit each day allows me to read many books I wouldn't be able to otherwise. I've made one or two splurges, but for the most part the books I choose are free or 99 cents. Then in the evenings I read my library books. It truly is the best of both worlds.

It is snowing lightly here. Probably won't last long, but it's nice to watch. I doubt any of it will stick. I've enjoyed a cup of coffee and a cookie while I read and listen to the Amelie soundtrack at the same time. Bliss.

My romance novel rewriting awaits, but tonight I'm going to read a chapter ahead to remind myself where it's going. It is requiring a lot of updating and just plain work, which sometimes leaves me stumped. I hope to become inspired. Maybe?

Well, that's my Saturday. Will get a call from my son today (or if not, tomorrow), and then this evening my brother and I will have leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Perfect comfort food for our brief taste of winter weather.


For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isaiah 55:10,11  KJV

Many blessings and enjoy your weekend!
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess