Wednesday, March 15, 2017

For Your Reading Pleasure 3/15/17



 


  How to Be a Wildflower: A Field Guide by Katie Daisy

This is a lighthearted, artsy nature book that perks up a mood and just might motivate one to get up and go (out and about, or around the house). Cute and inspiring (although I would do very little of the travelling and camping suggestions at this stage of my life). More folksy art than prose, it is a quick read. Lots of things to ponder. Brief reference to crystals, to which I personally don't ascribe any power other than as God's awesome creations. 





Patricia Brent, Spinster by Herbert George Jenkins

The link is to the free ebook. Not quite finished reading it, but I am enjoying it. You'll want to enjoy reading older books (this is from 1918), and the heroine is "angry" a bit too much, but otherwise it's a cute romance. The heroine lives in a boarding house in London, overhears disparaging remarks about herself, and on a whim sets off a series of events that will change her life. (We must remember that the term "making love" basically meant "flirting" in these old books.)




The Book Lovers by Victoria Connelly

Available for Kindle or paperback, this is a contemporary, clean romance that takes place in Suffolk, England. The heroine writes children's books, is about to be divorced from a very unsatisfactory husband, and escapes to her newly purchased cottage in Suffolk. She swears off men, but naturally meets not one, but two to give her pause to think. There is a second book in the series that I haven't read yet.

This was a fun post to do, so being an avid reader, I might do a similar post once a week or so. Let me know if you read or have read any of these suggestions and how you liked the book!

Blessings, 
Bess
Photos are links to the books on Amazon. I am an Amazon Associate, and I thank you for looking! (You can always check with your local library system as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess