Monday, March 6, 2017

A Pleasant Day


I'm sitting in front of my computer ... surfing when I should be inputting the Christian romance novel I wrote years ago. But after completing several extra household chores today, I feel I've earned some relaxation. 

I'm listening to the wonderful music from Amelie (I don't own it) while bouncing around Pinterest a bit and then decided a short post is in order.

Today is pleasant mostly because I've decided it will be (and the music definitely helps, along with the soft caramel I'm about to eat because I gave up chocolate for Lent) and also because I decided not to go out in the 45-50mph wind gusts we've been having. The errands will wait until tomorrow.

But I have had something on my heart today. I have been viewing photos of the beautiful churches in England (I also enjoy reading books that have a thread about the Church of England), and I have wondered how many are used for worship still. I hope most of them. 

And that's the prayer of my heart today: That the churches of America, Britain, Europe, and all around the world will begin to be filled to capacity once again by sincere and seeking worshipers. Without a World War III or some other disaster to move God's children to attend. A great return by God's Church to God and His churches, and to the joys and sorrows and tasks, and salvation and enrichment in Jesus, that await us there. And I need to be among the attendees, although that may be awhile yet.

I'm probably also thinking about this matter because I'm doing a Bible study from the book Attending the Bride of Christ: Preparing for His Return by Martha Lawley. I'm going slowly, but learning much (I hope) and enjoying her insight. My s-i-l recommended this book. Wish I could be in the class she teaches on it, but she's too far away!

Silly prayer? Silly me? But a very pleasant day. I think I'll make a cup of tea.




Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrews 10:23-25

Be blessed,
Bess
PS: To clarify, I don't happen to be Catholic or C of E or Episcopalian or ??? Just a Protestant who happens to own two rosaries and likes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess