Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Very Important Question



Last night I was reading through some devotions in the Women's Devotional Bible, copyright 1990 by the Zondervan Corporation. I came upon the following reflection written by Dale Evans Rogers and thought it was very good.

I have studied many religions, many different persuasions of thought in Christian belief, and I have come, in this experience, to this: the most important question in anyone's life is the question asked by poor Pilate in Matthew 27:22: "What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called Christ?" No other question in the whole sweep of human experience is as important as this. It is the choice between life and death, between meaningless existence and life abundant. What will you do with Christ? Accept him and live, or reject him and die? What else is there? - Dale Evans Rogers

This week on her tv program I also heard Joyce Meyer say something on the order of:

"You don't find God with your head. You find God with your heart."

Blessings for a very happy February - the month for hearts,
Bess

2 comments:

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess