Monday, January 9, 2017

Miss Read First American Editions



I've borrowed both of these books from the library and thought you might want to see the original First American Edition covers of what became known in later years as The Caxley Chronicles.

I have read The Market Square (American 1967), but for some reason I never got to The Howards of Caxley (1968). So I'm rereading the first to refresh my memory.

As I have said before, I am so grateful for our library system. If our local library hadn't had these, they would have found them for me somewhere. Going through my library saves me sooooo much money and space. And I have donated beaucoup books to them for their shelves or book sales over the years, making for a very symbiotic relationship!



This teacup was one of my mother's: Royal Crown Arden, Staffordshire England. The plate is perfect, but the cup pattern came out flawed. No matter, and I'll be ready for a cup of tea any minute. Will I last until after this is posted? 

Sometimes when I'm reading the posts on other blogs, I come across one that seems like it will be so wonderful that I stop and tell myself, "This is going to deserve a cup of tea!" I prepare my tea and return to sip it while I enjoy reading the post. And for some reason, those posts are always wonderful! Is it my radar ... or the tea? 



For this God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide even to the end.
Psalm 48:14

Enjoy your day!
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess