Monday, December 19, 2016

This and That at Christmastide


Greetings to all my dear blog visitors!

We have just enough snow to make the streets and grass white, but with warmer temps this week it will soon be gone. However, we do have a chance for more snow on Christmas Day. Hopefully we won't wake up to -11 then like we did the morning of the 18th! 

I only set a few things around this Christmas season. They have to be where the kitties won't destroy them. Sweetie was the only kitty that would sometimes jump on the piano, so I can put a couple things there now.






I rarely play the piano anymore, but have played through several Christmas carols this month. Mostly hymns, but I may try to run through more contemporary music this week. As with anything, when one doesn't do something for long periods of time, one loses her proficiency! There was a time, mostly during the 1980s and 90s, that I often played three hours a day. I never thought I'd lose interest in it, but that is what has happened over the years. (Plus, it would help if I would get a new pair of eyeglasses, but I'm going to use up all the good of my current pair first. They are so costly these days!)


We are having lasagna and cinnamon rolls for Christmas dinner. I'm looking forward to it! And the neighbors delivered their homemade fudge and caramels which are yummy. I am trying not to fly through it so that I can keep off the 35 pounds I've lost. At my age (64), weight loss is extremely slow going, but at least it's been going in the right direction!

One more photo of Sweetie that I found in my Christmas folder on my computer. Not sure why it was there. This spring I want to purchase a little marker of some kind for her burial spot. Maybe just a stone kitty. I want to be reminded of her as I walk by; she was too precious to let her slip away from my thoughts completely.





I have some posts (not too many yet) in mind for January, so please check back. I plan to turn comments back on then. Also, I invite you to peruse my sidebar to see if anything catches your eye. Lots of quotes, my tips for conquering negative thinking, most popular posts, and some of my favorites you might have missed. I also keep a list of my most recent reading. Perhaps we are kindred spirits! In fact, today I'm picking up my inter-library loan request: Christmas at Thrush Green. I'm so tickled it came in so that I can begin it before Christmas!

Over the past six years of blogging I have shared many photos of my dishes and pretties, should you be interested. Because of my brother's illness, my living room had to be rearranged to accommodate his equipment, so I no longer have the staging area for vignettes that Sweetie sits on above (hence my dearth of posts in 2016). It received the best light in the house, but there is currently no access. So I plan to mostly share close-ups in my photos until circumstances change.

In 2017 I also plan to put some of my early writing on Amazon Kindle, so keep an eye out for that. That is if I can stand to read and edit it after all these years! Aargh. Hopefully that will inspire me to do some fresh writing as well.

Thanks for reading my chatter! I am doing remarkably well, and I sincerely pray you are, too. May the spirit of Christmas abide in your hearts always. 

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you;
he is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Bess