Sunday, August 30, 2015

My First "Morning Glories" Drawing


This morning I finished adding colored pencil to a sketch of morning glories I made a month or so ago. I don't really have too much else to share, so a page or two or three from my art journal is my go-to today. However, I will share toward the bottom a poor snapshot of the moon last night. It had the best "Man in the Moon" face I've seen in my lifetime. Anyway, it wasn't until I had my drawing all colored that I realized I had spaced out on one of the leaves and drawn the veins the wrong direction:


I was wrong on my pencil sketch and blindly followed through!

Forgot to shoot the sketch before I began adding color.

I was fairly satisfied with it otherwise, but the blatant error got to me and I attempted to fix it:


With Auto Correct:


Here is a page of a few morning glories I did in order to practice coloring them. The shapes were a couple stylistic(?) ones I saw done on youtube (more or less):


I took this shot upside down, and then rotated it in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. It makes me feel like I'm looking down on a plant that's reaching up: 


Here's the moon photo. The real thing was stupendous!

Can you see him? 

A kitty sketch page (not the page I wrote "Yikes" on). I'm enjoying trying "this and that" art.


And finally, in homage to the end of August and the upcoming unofficial end of summer (whether that's September 1 or Labor Day for you), here is a photo of a very tired, thinned out hibiscus that's still getting buds. However, the poor thing has really slowed down and the blooms are much smaller now. I guess summer has almost run its course, and soon this plant will, too.


Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Have a blessed week!
Bess

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your artwork. The flowers and the kitties both look very nice. I can see the face on the moon. I bet it was fun to see it larger and in person. Yes, fall is coming. We are now having temperatures in the mid 90's instead of over 100. Thankfully, there were fewer of those really hot days this summer than some years. Hope you have a great week!
    Dianne L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, like you our summer hasn't been as hot as it could have been, but the old air conditioner has had to be repaired 3 times! I hope that's it until next year! We are 97 today. Hopefully those hot temps will relinquish their hold very soon, here ... and where you are. Wishing you a nice long autumn! Bess

      Delete
  2. The morning glories work beautifully, Bess. Would look pretty on a painted cupboard!
    Keep on drawing... You have talent!
    Many blessings and sorry I am slow catching up... It's a busy time.x

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess