Sunday, May 3, 2015

What Just Happened?


Hello Sweet Peas!

I hope you have been enjoying a beautiful springtime. We've had such a lovely one here on the Plains. I can't remember a nicer Spring weather-wise. (BTW, I'm totally confused as to whether one capitalizes the seasons anymore or not. Oh well, guess that shows my age.)

So sorry to have been absent for a month, but that month brought some big changes and the need for some adjustments in my life. First of all, my disabled brother, who has lived with me several years, was released from the hospital mid-April and is home under hospice care. Because of his particular circumstances, I was told he'd need a full-time caregiver 24/7. Medicare doesn't cover that, so suddenly I was having a normal work week one day and immediately resigning from my job the next, effective noon that day!

But we are rolling along fine, enjoying some nicer meals than usual (because I have the time and energy), and my brother (who has stabilized) is enjoying watching movies on Netflix. We have hospice folks coming in 2-3 times a week also. All is well. It's a sweet time.



Giving up my job was something I hadn't anticipated, but I suppose it should have occurred to me. Instead, a couple weeks later, when he had gained some strength after his 21-day hospitalization, I did have time to go through a "What just happened?" phase, albeit briefly. 

Now I simply want to view my world through rose-colored, sweet pea glasses and enjoy this special season in my life. God's never let me down yet. He's got the future covered.

Another change is all the hospice paraphernalia that has been brought in to my living room! Bed, oxygen, other equipment, supplies, etc. And so the need to squish my furniture together has taken away my staging area for most of my blog photos. But I will try to improvise because if circumstances allow, I'd like to try posting more often. 



My table that was formerly in my little hallway is being utilized in the living room. However, a little bench that was my mother's is holding its place, along with some books I've shared before. It might look like an altar, but I don't mean it to be. The candle is faux, of course, what with four kitties about ... and now the oxygen. 

Anyway, that's what's been happening in my life since I last wrote. I've been reading Joyce Meyer's Get Your Hopes Up and finding it excellent. IMHO, she doesn't write to impress; she writes to help people and I find what she has to share very practical help indeed. (I'm not affiliated with her ministry in any way.)


Finally, brothers and sisters,
whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--
think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

Joining in with Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays

Blessings to you and yours,
Bess

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Bess and thank you for sharing what's happening in your life right now. May the Lord bless you as you continue to care for your brother at home with the support from the hospice,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your brother's illness, but thankful that you are having some special days with him. I hope you will be rejuvenated by the slower days and time to read and cook and perhaps rest a little. God bless you both. Dianne L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi: You have your hands full. I am sorry about your brother and all the changes that have come your way. I hope that things will remain peaceful for you. I too and taking care of my SIL staring this Friday. Life is about to change for me too. Thank God, nothing takes Him by surprise. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess