Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Waiting for Storms


As gorgeous as the weather was last week, this week has been largely dark, dreary, stormy and rainy. We are keeping an eye on things today. Going to the basement isn't possible anymore, and many folks are in the same boat. Many a time I have said my prayers for all in the paths of any storms. (I pray because it can't hurt and it might help!)


My usual way of dealing with watches and warnings is to keep busy doing housework or organizing, with an awareness of just what is going on with the weather. I guess I develop nervous energy that I put to good use.


The kitties, on the other hand, aren't overly concerned at this point. However, if there is loud thunder, then it's under the beds they go, except for Sweetie who is fairly nonplussed about everything. Wouldn't that be a nice trait to have?! (I guess that word means the opposite in places outside North America.)


I took the following photo yesterday. The baby house finches are as big as their mama (papa is handsome with lots of pretty red feathers). There are five babies, four of which can be seen in the photo. It seems so often it's threatening stormy weather when the parents call to them to leave the nest. I'm concerned for them, but I know God "has them on His radar." And He has us, too.


Jesus is the Joy of Living,
He's the King of Life to me;
Unto Him my all I'm giving,
His forevermore to be.
I will do what He commands me,
Anywhere He leads I'll go;
Jesus is the Joy of Living,
He's the dearest Friend I know.
A.H. Ackley


Blessings for safety,
Bess

3 comments:

  1. Bess,
    So nice to see your kitties. I know what you mean about warnings and watches. We don't have basements in Texas either. I often say a prayer for protection for those in the path of bad weather. Praying for calm weather and thoughts for you today.
    Dianne L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dianne! I really appreciate your faithfulness in leaving comments. I pray you won't be in the path of anything severe where you are in TX. Bess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dianne! I really appreciate your faithfulness in leaving comments. I pray you won't be in the path of anything severe where you are in TX. Bess

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess