Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Peonies and Company


I took a short walk today, and an even shorter walk yesterday, to bring you these photos. Enjoy!










I forgot about my little spirea bush that was overtaken by the cedar trees. As dark as it is under there (without a flash), it managed to get a few blooms anyway:



These iris have the prettiest pale blue upper petals:



My back yard has practically become a forest, but even the trees have beautiful, fresh new growth:


Later I had to run an errand and snapped a photo or two of an unknown plant with my phone, but so far I can't open them on my computer. I will persevere, and perhaps I can share them next time and someone can enlighten me as to the flower's name. Until then, one last white peony with a photobombing hose.


I was so busy taking photos that I didn't smell that wonderful peony fragrance! Maybe I was too far away (using the zoom lens at times). I will remedy that and draw in a deep breath of that sweetness soon.

Blessings,
Bess

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful peonies and company, Bess! I especially love the cotton candy pink ones, as they take me back to my happy childhood! Can't wait to breathe in their fresh fragrance soon, here, too! Thanks for sharing your lovely images!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous, lush flowers! Beautiful....love the sweet, delicate spirea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are so pretty, full and delicate! So that's what they are: peonies! I like the spirea too. I see some small white flowers in my overgrown back yard too. I'll have to take a closer look. Alexine

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess