Wednesday, May 27, 2015

More Dishcloths


Sometimes I go to desperate lengths to be able to take a few photos in good light/sunshine. I wasn't successful today. The sun has been teasing me. Not unlike trying to snap a photo of our resident cardinal or the male house finch for their gorgeous red feathers. That is another exercise in futility for me. I am so impressed when you talented gals capture such clear images of birds/wildlife in your photos.



I usually have a dishcloth going, even though it takes me forever to finish one. You can find my simple pattern for the knitted ones here. But this week I made a dishcloth using a crochet pattern from Olga's blog (here and here) just because I so wanted to try the stitch. It worked up easily although I need more practice! I'd like to try the pattern using maybe a fingering yarn to make a narrowish scarf sometime.

Olga's stitches are much prettier, so be sure to check out her post!

I wish we could spread out the rain that Texas and Oklahoma are receiving. I pray they get less and California gets more!



That's it for today! Have a good one!
Bess

4 comments:

  1. Pretty dishcloths. I have a few that were made for me. I used to know how to knit and crochet, but have forgotten most of it. Yes, we have had a lot of rain here in Texas. I live in the DFW area, so the flooding hasn't been as bad here. I pray often for those in storms, as we discussed a week or two ago. We are glad to be out of our drought, but are also praying that God would send the rain to other places. Dianne L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bess, your dishcloths are lovely. I think crossed dcs is a good stitch for a dishcloth because of its "bumpy" texture. And it can be used for lots of other projects.
    Thanks you for linking back to my blog.

    All the best,
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that we're back from our trip I would like to sit quietly for a while as the opportunity arises and your crocheting has inspired me to try out this skill. Thank you for the link. I hope your weather stabilizes some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lovely even stitches, both knit and crochet ones. I think I could manage a plain knit one but crochet ~ no!
    So frustrating, trying to capture birds on camera, isn't it? I find they always move before I've had time to focus!
    Hope you get a sunbeams at your cottage today, Bess!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess