Saturday, March 21, 2015

Springing Back


Hi Dear Readers! Is it March 21st already?! Amazing. Today I'm sharing some vintage green.


It has been a beautiful month. The weather has been lovely for many of the days, daffodils are blooming, the fruit trees are beginning to bloom, and tulip leaves have pushed up halfway.


I spent the first two weeks of March helping a neighbor prepare and move to an assisted living facility. It was a job in more ways than one, but I think it's a decision that will prove very beneficial for her. Then ...



I promptly got sick with bronchitis. I am feeling better, although my cough will probably be slow in leaving, if the past is any indication. But this is "majorly minor" compared to what many others are dealing with right now, and I know I am blessed.
 

In my life, "springing back" from a huge project or big shift in priorities, or whatever, has rarely been immediate. It's usually a process; sometimes an agonizingly-slow one!



Also during March, I've been pondering my blog, and was not feeling one ounce of inspiration for new posts. But then I realized it probably wasn't the blog, but me. Enthusiasm waxes and wanes regarding many interests, but I'm sure I won't regret persevering.


"I hope I will always be singing--not asking what the future holds, but being thankful for the present; content to work, to spread some happiness if I may, and always trying to be my best self." 
From Upon My Lips a Song by Kate Smith.

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory
of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Titus 2:11-13


I can't think of a circumstance where springing back wouldn't be worth the time and effort. It just feels so much better!

Enjoy your weekend,
Bess
PS: The little trays are well-worn papier mache from Alfred E. Knobler, Japan. The teacup is Heathcote from England. The trinket holder is Lefton. The ring holder is a little dusty. :O)

6 comments:

  1. So nice of you to help your neighbor. It is so hard to go through things, especially sentimental ones. I love all your green items. The music book is especially intriguing. Hope spring is showing where you live. We're seeing blooming trees and tiny leaves here. My grape hyacinths that I love (because they remind me of my grandmother) are up. God bless! Dianne L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the little grape hyacinths, Dianne! Used to have some come up in my yard in the early years, but they don't anymore. Spring is here, too. The pear trees are blooming and the redbuds are getting a touch of color to them. I see daffodils and hyacinths in the gardens, but no blooming tulips yet. I haven't seen any forsythia either, but maybe have just missed it. Have a lovely week! Bess

      Delete
  2. Oh Bess...so sorry that you fell ill, been ill is not easy for anyone! :0( Don't stop blogging...don't stop sharing - I will surely miss you :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely greens, lovely treasures, but even more precious are the words of scripture you quoted and your perspective on springing back from illness and changes in life. I have gone through the same when my life is full of trials, tribulations, great changes. Sometimes simply keeping on with the keeping on is all I can do and eventually the spark returns and God grants me the inspiration & energy to get going again. Bless you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bess, I just wanted to stop by and wish you a wonderful Easter. I hope you are feeling better, and I always look forward to seeing the treasures you share on your blog. Thank you for being such a blessing and encouragement in my life. With love, Regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bess, you will be in my prayers. Easter blessings xx

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess