Sunday, January 11, 2015

My Book Order Came!


(That's her beloved Newton's Chapel on the cover.)

Just a quick post to share my new, to me, books. I've read Sarah's new children's book twice so far. Although it's for children, it's such a nice reminder to live a life of gratitude. Wonderful illustrations and a letter from Sarah at the back.


Reading the devotions in this God's Word for Gardeners Bible (NIV) will take me awhile! I have begun, though, and I hope to ponder and savor everything I read. I don't think I'll underline or write in this Bible until I've had it a few years.



One more try:


At Home with Jane Austen is the third in a series by Kim Wilson. I haven't started to read it yet. I have her other two books: Tea with Jane Austen and In the Garden with Jane Austen.


I also bought Jennifer Scott's second book: At Home with Madame Chic - Becoming a Connoisseur of Daily Life. I have her first book Lessons from Madame Chic. You'll notice below that one of my new books is Paris Letters by Janice MacLeod. I have most of Anne Barone's books, too. So I obviously have an interest in living the French way, but not as much as I used to have. I have almost reached my "saturation point," but not quite. :O)


I don't think I've shared that I do have two place settings (my mother's, although probably not vintage) of the Blue Willow pattern, this version by Churchill of England. The cup has a simple shape with two distinct sides. Someday I'll dig out the plates!



For a reference book I bought The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word by Joyce Meyer (not shown). And not even looked at yet are The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and one book in a series from a Bible Study called Simply Relevant. This particular book (very thin) is entitled Singing in the Rain - Finding Joy in Life's Ups & Downs.

So there you have it! Don't you think you learn a lot about folks by the books they read? Sometimes I feel that when I share the books I'm reading, I'm revealing an intimate part of who I am.

I am going to try to work in a little artwork before Downton. If you've noticed I'm not visiting as often, and commenting even less than that, you're right. I have definitely discovered that I cannot "do it all." The caregiving situations I'm in have to come first. So thanks for your understanding ... I'll be dropping by before too long!


"God knew Elijah was worn out, and He knows you are too. But we are to honor our commitments unless He directs otherwise." 
Devotions for the Beach by Miriam Drennan

In every thing give thanks,
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18  KJ21

Have a week as wonderful as you are!
Bess

3 comments:

  1. It is so fun to get new books! Your choices look like ones I would enjoy,too. I have a very large "to be read" list of books I already own, so I am hoping to buy very few new things and really work on it this year. Thanks for sharing your new finds.
    Dianne L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Bess!

    I, too, have been extra busy, as you know, and have been trying to catch up with friends in blogland, but a nasty cold has slowed me down, after getting soaking wet in a downpour on Tuesday, with my head, neck, and shoulders aching for days, now.

    It's true, I guess, that a person can learn a little more about another, through the books they read. The chosen genres may be quite telling of someone's hobbies, interests, or even personality. Having said that, I sense that you are a peaceful soul, who cherishes pretty things, and pays attention to the finer details found in works of art, whether they be paintings, novels, poems, or treasured mementos.

    Of all your new finds, Jennifer Scott's second book: At Home with Madame Chic - Becoming a Connoisseur of Daily Life speaks to me, since I am a believer in the same philosophy, and would find this book quite intriguing, I'm sure.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not come across At Home with Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess