Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sharing Some Links



New teacup(s) thanks to my s-i-l.
(Photo taken by my new SmartPhone; I'm finally moving into this century!)

Just a couple of links to share today that you may very well already know about. The first is ZooBorns. It shares all the new zoo babies from around the world. They are precious, and I had no idea some of the animals existed.

The other is a site where one can learn about all the cozy mysteries out there. There seem to be legions of them! I have had the Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter series on my radar for some time, but haven't read one yet. My s-i-l sent me the Magical Cats series by Sofie Kelly, and I am just beginning those. I've only read one Tea Shop Mystery. Cozy mysteries seem to be dialogue-driven, at least from what I've read so far. Great writing they are not. But I'm getting into them because they have many of the same qualities of the English Village novels I favor. They take place in small or quaint locales, have a few charming characters, including animals, and they are low on profanity, sex, and violence. And there's a theme for everyone, see here.

Here's something I just happened across watching The Andy Griffith Show while eating my breakfast one day recently:

Goober tells Andy:  "You know why it's a nice day? 'Cause you're feeling good. My theory is we all carry our weather around inside us."

Ain't that the truth!!!


Words kill, words give life;
they're either poison or fruit - you choose.
Proverbs 18:21   The Message

The same is true of our thoughts! Blessings to you and yours,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess