Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pretty Magazines and Pretty Kitty



I thought the above was a pretty Victoria cover. It's November 1993. I like the color used around the name Victoria. I'm behind on perusing my old copies, so I have yet to read this issue and the rest that follow! Once I've read through December's issues as well, I will take a break for a year or more, unless I read something on a blog that makes me want to pull out a particular issue. They sure did have pretty covers, especially the ones around ... oh ... 1993 to 1998, give or take. I remember being horrified when one year, 2000?, they published horoscopes, and then being disappointed when Hoffman, at first, printed cover titles like "106 such and such", as if Victoria were on par with a Family Circle or Good Housekeeping. I have not purchased all the 2014 issues. It was time to wean myself off them because of no more space to keep them. But all in all, they have been a treasure to me.


We had our church Thanksgiving Dinner today, and the turkey was as good as the above one looks! We've also had our first snow; nothing to write home about. But it's very cold around these parts! Thankfully, we are supposed to warm up a bit after tomorrow (Monday).


While I was quickly taking photos of the magazines, Sweetie was on the table. She is the most difficult little kitty to get a good photo of. She's always moving. Her coat is full of static today. Below is an older photo of her front. 


She pesters me several times a night to get under my covers for the warmth. I let her! She's so cute: She lightly paws me, I lift the covers as high as my arm allows, under she goes and then she turns around and comes back up so her head and upper body are out of the covers. She thinks she's people. She often sits next to my laptop while I blog, too. Really, I've never owned such a loving cat before. It was probably a plot to wrap me around her little finger toe.

Cropped from November 1993 Victoria cover.

Always give thanks for everything to our God and Father
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:20 TLB

Stay warm, Friends, and have a great week! 

Grateful for you,
Bess

2 comments:

  1. Victoria tends to be the magazine I go to during the Holidays :0) the covers are just so beautiful! your kitty is just adorable ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy Victoria magazine but my oldest copy is 2001. I would love to peruse the older copies. Your kitty is really adorable and sounds like she's wonderful company. Thank you for your visit and have a lovely week, Bess.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess