Monday, October 20, 2014

Looking Up

Facing west in the evening sun.

I don't have any beautiful fall color to share with you, but today was a gorgeous day. There's nothing like the blue of an October sky.

Facing west northwest in the evening sun.

My maples have been suffering the past three years. They have a lot of dead in them now. At first I thought it was the drought, but with plenty of rain this year, they are still struggling. If I were wealthy, I'd do all in my power to save them. But as it is, I will just have to see what develops.

I think this was shooting pretty much overhead.

Look at that sky. There was no sun in the house anymore, so I took my camera outside to capture sunny leaves and sunny skies. The tree below is a neighbor's. I don't know what kind it is, but it turns a lovely yellow, which the photo didn't bring out very well.

Facing east in the evening sun.

We do have some pretty color around town, just not in my yard! After a hard day, it did me good to go look at the pretty sky and sun on the trees, even if just for a few moments.

When we have a trial or a burden, we must remember: This too will pass. I'm counting on it!

Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks up.
(from my kitty perpetual calendar)

Let's not forget to look up. It's beautiful up there.

Look up at the heavens and see;
gaze at the clouds so high above you.
Job 35:5

Thanks to all of you who write such wonderful blog posts and/or comments that make life that much sweeter.
Blessings to All,
Bess


3 comments:

  1. Ah, how fresh and crisp and vibrant everything looks in your neck of the woods, dear Bess! Beautiful pictures and words. Look up, breathe, and smile a sunny smile, even if it's a cloudy day, autumnal day.

    Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday!

    Poppy:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice message for us to appreciate what is around us.

    I was bemoaning the lack of flowers in my garden because of our drought. But, then I looked beneath some of our larger plants and I see that I have lots of different colors of mums blooming all around me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living surrounded by mountains, I have no choice but to look up! And the beauty is so worth it :0)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess