Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Still Blooming



My hibiscus has been brought indoors for the winter, and it's still blooming. Seems like it only gets at most one to three flowers open at a time, but then they are so pretty each bloom can be thoroughly appreciated that way. This photo was taken by a different camera than the first I shared here.

Just wanted to clarify that when I write about negative thinking, depression, anxiety, and so on, that doesn't mean I'm presently having big problems with any of those. They come and go, but mostly I'm fairly content these days. But at times my thoughts are too many to put in a short comment or email, so they become blog posts! :O)

From This Day is the Lord's by Corrie ten Boom:

Faith is an activity; it is something that has to be applied. 

Absolute dependence is the essence of the faith of the angels; it should also be ours. 

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace,
that we may ... find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16 (as found in the above book)

Keep blooming ... wherever you're planted!
Bess

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how even one, single bloom can brighten our mood, isn't it? I am hoping to keep my geraniums going this winter, but am also prepared for the flowers that are looking spent.

    Have a wonderful day, Bess!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess