Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Best Antidepressant Just Might Be You!

A glimpse into my china hutch.
















Hi All,

To pass the time during our severe weather tonight, I went to Joyce Meyer's website and watched Part 1 of her program episode "Has Your Get Up and Go Got Up and Gone?" It's excellent, and I'm hoping Part 2 will be, also. (I plan to watch it tomorrow; I did a Cedar Cove marathon yesterday on Netflix and I'm getting screen-weary!)

She mentions that depression has to be fought on many different levels. She also says something like: "The more you do, the more you're able to do. The less you do, the less you're able to do." (That's just common sense, but we need to be reminded sometimes.)

And she talks about letting go of "dead" things: works, thoughts, and people that are impeding our progress. Just in case you're interested, here's the link.

It could be a blessing in the midst of the storm,
Bess

2 comments:

  1. Dear Bess...Joyce Meyers is the nicest of people. I haven't been visiting as often as I used to...just too much going on in my off line life. I try to keep up..but often fall behind.
    thus the four or five days between my rather pathetic posts of late. (trying to make amends with certain bloggers...which thankfully I have been able to do!)
    Thank you so much for stopping by.. There is so much to see, so many to visit, so much to share when it comes to blogging, that it can become a bit overwhelming at times.
    I have to MAKE my self reach over and turn off the computer. Just sitting for hours daily has take a bit of a toll on my health I'm afraid. I need more exercise.

    It sounds like Joyce has a very informative posts going. Enjoy! :)
    The weather here is hot also, but without the heavy humidity that I hear a lot about. We are way too dry..need rain in the most desperate way. Fall and colder weather and some rain cannot come quick enough. This drought has to end soon.
    Have a lovely Wednesday!
    Mona :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for sharing this link to Joyce's video. Carol (in MD)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess