Thursday, August 7, 2014

Chintz Teacup


Happy Thursday, and thanks to all of you who stop by and to those who leave comments. I am grateful for your kindness!

When I had my plates and Victorias out the other day, I also took this teacup from my cupboard (which requires a ladder to reach). It has no markings on the bottom of either the cup or saucer, but it's rather sweet. It also has a flaw on the cup that you can probably pick out, but that's just how it goes! There's not much if anything, except Him, that's perfect or stays perfect, and we can make ourselves very unhappy if we expect perfection. (Just my two cents.)




I think I'll have a cup of tea in this teacup before I put it away. Anymore, I rarely drink hot tea during the summer months. Guess that's a little odd, but then it does make hot tea seem extra special when the weather cools off.

Tea is a daily companion that never fails us. It warms when we - or the world - feel cold, gives strength when we're weary, and lends delicious grace notes to our gatherings. From the first cheery chortle of the kettle at dawn, to the fragrance of an evening cup as the house quiets and we turn to our reading, tea can be counted on to smooth and save the day. (From The Pleasures of Tea by The Editors of Victoria Magazine, 1999; see my post here for more on drinking tea)

With the flash.

The instruction of the Lord is perfect, renewing one's life ...
Psalm 19:7  HCSB

Wishing you a weekend that's just your cup of tea!
Bess

1 comment:

  1. That is a very pretty tea cup. I collect tea cups, mostly floral ones.

    Dianne L

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess