Monday, July 28, 2014

Surprise Lilies


Just a short post to share photos of some sweet Surprise Lilies (aka Naked Ladies) from the neighborhood. 

In late (?) spring, small bundles of long-leafed foliage appear, but nothing else happens. The plants even appear to die. One would be tempted to think she had a bunch of "duds." But then, 'round about now, all over town, beautiful pale pink Surprise Lilies appear. 



Worth the wait.




Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word
and believes him who sent me
has eternal life and will not be judged
but has crossed over from death to life.
John 5:24

If you're waiting for something wonderful to happen, hang in there. God is working!
Sending loving thoughts and prayers your way,
Bess

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of surprise lilies. They are wonderful!

    Dianne L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bess,
    I hopped over from an old post of yours about Johnson Brother's Rose Chintz dishes. I just bought a set and am waiting for it to arrive. You displayed them so prettily in your old post. I am new to your blog. The post was several years ago. Do you still own your set?
    The Lillies are lovely. I have never heard of that kind before.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment. I will be looking forward to more photo's of your dished. Stop by again? But of course I will stop by again! You have my word on that! so far the dishes have not shipped and they were supposed to ship three days ago. Wish me luck! I am...getting concerned. :)
    She really did seem reluctant that she was selling them, but she seemed honest. Here's hoping this sale goes well.
    Take care and have a lovely weekend.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely surprise these pretty and pink lilies must be in your neck of the woods! They possess a pastel-y, pale shade of pink that reminds me of cotton candy, and many sweet memories of my childhood! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

    Poppy
    P.S. Thanks for your lovely comment and visit over at my place!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess