Thursday, March 13, 2014

A New Routine


Pretty stationery by Papyrus

Hi Friends! First of all, I apologize for my absence. My thanks to all of you who continue to stop by and to my first-time visitors, too.

I don't know how long it will last, but with the end of my previous job I've been able to exercise more and eat less, read more, sleep/rest more, clean more, go out less (saving gas), check on my elderly neighbor more, and so on. 

But the big addition to my routine is job hunting ... which is a job in itself. I spend a few hours almost every day checking all the sites I need to, and submitting my resume. (Since I last looked for a job, most everything now is done via computer initially, which I think is an improvement over "beating the pavement.") I have no idea what this will all lead me to: semi-retirement, retirement, or postponed retirement. My future holds many variables.

But I finally, I hope, have become less controlling and am giving God the freedom to guide me as He wills.

Daily I'm reading Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. Two recent entries have been especially apropos:

March 11: "... If you live your life too safely, you will never know the thrill of seeing Me work through you. When I gave you My Spirit, I empowered you to live beyond your natural ability and strength. That's why it is so wrong to measure your energy level against the challenges ahead of you. The issue is not your strength but Mine ..."

March 12: "Waiting for Me to work, with your eyes on Me, is evidence that you really do trust Me. If you mouth the words 'I trust You' while anxiously trying to make things go your way, your words ring hollow. ... You can wait expectantly, in hopeful trust. Keep your 'antennae' out to pick up even the faintest glimmer of My Presence."

Thanks, Lord. I needed that!

It's a gorgeous day here. Hope it is where you are as well. If not, look to the Spring in your heart. 

Until next time,
Bess

1 comment:

  1. The writing paper is lovely. I hope you know God's presence this week and prayers are answered regarding your future work situation.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess