Monday, February 3, 2014

Wire Baskets


As my job was coming to a close, the administrator kept asking me if I wanted anything. And I didn't think I did. But one day I spotted an old wire basket and thought it would be great for putting my Victoria magazines in each month, keeping them safe from the kitties. So I asked for the basket, and not only did I receive that one, but another was found and given to me as well. They are nice mementos from the office.

Pardon any dust!

I searched Google Images and at the time only found one basket exactly like these. The site said the basket dated from the 1920s to the 1940s, so really vintage! The ribbon was just for fun; I will replace it with grosgrain or gingham ribbon one of these days. The other basket is holding some books for now. They seem to show up under Industrial Chic or Junk Chic, neither of which is my decorating style. (Well, I don't think I have a style anymore!) But I will have fun putting items in them for display.

This one looks rather "sterile" until I play with it some more.
The whale is another item my family made years ago.

I wish that life should not be cheap, but sacred ... 
the days to be as centuries, loaded, fragrant.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

... put off your old self ... to be made new in the attitude of your minds
... put on the new self, created to be like God
in true righteousness and holiness.
Ephesians 4:22-24

May your day be sacred, loaded, and fragrant,
Bess

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bess,

    What wonderful gifts you got to bring home from the office! They look perfect where they are and dressed up as they are. It is so amazing when items go from one place to another so effortlessly, isn't it?

    Have a lovely week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baskets - and LOVE the whale - too cool. Reminds me of a pin I had eons ago. They are majestic aren't they?

    Haven't been by in a while (long while). Enjoyed my visit! Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess