Thursday, February 6, 2014

Slow Mornings


I've been enjoying some slow mornings, spending sometimes three hours or more sitting up in bed, with a pile of books by my side, immersed in reading. I know they won't last, so I'm going to enjoy these restful and blissful mornings while I can.


I like to read books on writing. I haven't read any of her novels
and don't know that I will, but this book is interesting so far.

Oftentimes I'm surrounded by kitties. I try to anticipate all the books and paraphernalia I'll want before I settle in because Kallie snuggles by my side, and if I lean over at all, she complains! During this reading time I also eat a light breakfast (lately graham crackers with peanut butter) and sip a cup of tea.

I haven't read Addition by Toni Jordan, but I came across this quote from the book:

"Many people miss their whole lives you know. Listen, life isn't when you are standing on top of a mountain looking at the sunset. Life isn't waiting at the altar or the moment your child is born or that time you were swimming in deep water and a dolphin came up alongside you. These are fragments. Ten or twelve grains of sand spread throughout your entire existence. These are not life. Life is brushing your teeth or making a sandwich or watching the news or waiting for the bus. Or walking. Every day, thousands of tiny events happen and if you're not watching, if you're not careful, if you don't capture them and make them count, you could miss it. You could miss your whole life."

Love it.


A glass ring bought on sale ... just for fun!

... you are to rejoice before the Lord your God
in everything you put your hand to.
Deuteronomy 12:18

Linking to How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday! Please go by for a visit!

Thanks for visiting! Enjoy your weekend,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess