Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Finished: A Warm and Cozy Hat


Hello Everyone!

Here is the link to the pattern from Sandra at Everyday Elegance, formerly Ravenhill Cottage. She whips these up in no time, and the pattern is lovely and simple. My version, however, took me ages and was fraught with problems: a miscalculation on my first color change, then beginning the hat again because my gauge was too large, then dropped stitches (one requiring the ripping out of four rows). I think I had my mind on other things and wasn't paying enough attention (yeah, let's go with that). But I plan to make another one for myself next winter, all in one color. Thank you, Sandra, for sharing the pattern!

That's all I have for today, except the following quote which spoke to me:

"The more of His Word you learn, the easier it is for God to remind you of a Scripture that convicts your heart to repent of some reaction to life that is not Christlike." Joyce Meyer in her book Knowing God Intimately

Therefore, since we have these promises,
dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything
that contaminates body and spirit,
perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
2 Corinthians 7:1

Carry on, 
Bess

2 comments:

  1. Dear Bess,

    I'm behind on reading your blog too. I absolutely love this hat! Even with all the bumps along the way, I think it turned out perfect. (Maybe because it has a story.) :)

    That quote from Joyce Meyer really speaks to me too. I've been trying to be more intentional about memorizing (sometimes re-memorizing) scriptures for this very reason...though I didn't have the words for it until I read this quote. Thank you for sharing it!

    I'm grateful for you.

    Love, Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Bess! Your hat is wonderful and I really like your colour choices. I'm so pleased you were able to use the pattern and now that you've made one hat, the rest will be much easier and faster.

    I'd love to link to this post on my blog. Is that ok with you?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess