Sunday, October 27, 2013

What's Inside?

Some of my mother's demitasse cups.

Just sharing a few photos (taken in poor light conditions) of the inside of the upper part of my old cupboard. I've shared many snaps of the outside, lower part, and top in older posts. 


She gave me this tea set as well.

Sorry for my prolonged absence. The weekends go by too quickly!

Many years ago, my mother gave me the doll below because she said that was how my life was going. Sometimes life might still seem like that, but I'm believing I'm on the brink of something wonderful!



More on the same shelf:



And of course, we have to have a quote or two from my desk calendar. After all, the year's almost over, and I'll be putting it away to take out and enjoy again in a year or two.

"No one keeps up her enthusiasm automatically. Enthusiasm must be nourished with new actions, new aspirations, new efforts, new visions." 
(author unknown)

"Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different." Katherine Mansfield

I finally finished Lark Rise to Candleford!!! Now I'm reading (re-reading the top two):


All good!


Cast your cares on the Lord
and he will sustain you ... 
Psalm 55:22

Well, Dear Ones, one of these days I'll surprise you with better photos because you deserve better and prettier photos. We just all have to be patient a while longer (well, me especially).

Thanks for sticking with me. I hope you have a lovely week!
Bess



3 comments:

  1. Bess,

    So nice to hear from you! Your teacups and saucers are lovely, and very neatly arranged. What a lovely tea set; do you use it often?

    Thanks for the book recommendations; they all sound very interesting!

    Hope you have a great week!

    Poppy
    PS: Your pictures are very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of china...made more special by the personal association with your Mom. I love Joyce Meyer! Such a nice post!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments, Poppy and Ruth! Appreciate you both very much, Bess

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess