Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Winds of Change

Another beautiful graphic from Megan Berry!

Hi Friends!

Today it's sunny, cool, and quite windy. Change is in that wind, assuring Autumn takes its rightful place. Out on the Great Plains, however, we never really know what we'll get until it's here. (Even though the weather forecasters do their best.) Our weather swings all over the place.

I rather feel like my life is currently doing the same. I'm really having to take things a day at a time. One day looks promising that things will go as I had hoped, and the next it's either back to the drawing board, or more likely another game of Wait and See.

Even so, I must reach down and muster up all the optimism and joy I can because when I don't (and I still sometimes don't), I'm squandering that precious gift from God that is my life. Besides singing silently to myself, memorizing Bible verses, and attempting to live with a perpetual thankful attitude, I also am on the constant lookout for uplifting words from others. I'll share a few I've come across recently.

In Lark Rise to Candleford, when Laura's future is totally up in the air, we read: 


So there was Laura at thirteen with her life in ruins, not for the last time, but she grieved more over that than her later catastrophes, for she had not then experienced the rebound or learned that no beating is final while life lasts.

(So Laura hadn't learned yet what our elders always told us: "It's not the end of the world," and "This too shall pass.")

From my Kitty Calendar: 


When things go downhill,
don't go along with them.

From Joyce Meyer:


Your believing dictates your living!

From The War of Art by Steven Pressfield (via vegnews.com):


Most of us have two lives. The life we live,
and the unlived life within us.

From Helen Keller:


Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

And oft-quoted hope from The Good Book:


Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV

And Psalm 37:4-5:


Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
(NKJV)

From Lilac & Lavender

I'm believing God that the change in my life is an opportunity to bring forth the "unlived life" within me. But whatever my future holds, He knows best!

There now. I feel better. Hope you do, too. Have a great week!
Bess
NOTES:
1. I see where Joyce Meyer Ministries will air a weekly show on ABC Family on Sundays at 11:30PM central or Mondays at 12:30AM eastern. If you like to stay up late and sleep in, here's your chance to watch some of her programs.
2. What little info I have on the Kitty Desk Calendar can be found in this post: Pondering Joy.




6 comments:

  1. Bess...taking things one day at a time, is really a wise choice. Since Our Lord did not promised us tomorrow, it is good to keep our minds today. From experience, I can share with you Bess, that this is the best way to live. Enjoy these days my friend. m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! You are so right, and I have to remind myself sometimes! Blessings, Bess

      Delete
  2. Bess, your words regarding the winds of change, are, quite timely, for me, anyway. I have many decisions to make and sometimes just feel overwhelmed, but time passes and 'wait and see', comes and goes, and I am still at the same point. A belief and trust in God for guidance and reassurance is a clear-minded thought that leads the way to others.

    Happy Sunday,

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poppy, I hear you! Yes, sometimes wait and see turns out to be waaaaaaait and see, doesn't it! (Sometimes for years, which is why I need to remember to enjoy one day at a time. It does get harder for me when the "deadline" keeps getting moved around!) I hope your paths will become clear and that you'll have peace about your decisions once they are made. Blessings, Bess

      Delete
  3. Oh, Bess, your post really touches my heart as we're going through this time with my mother. Bless you and thank you for your kind words.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scriptures and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess