Thursday, October 31, 2013

Finished: Scarf and Wrist Warmers


I finished this scarf last weekend. It's a very easy pattern, here. I wanted to use up some yarn, so I obtained somewhat the same effect by changing colors every four rows (maybe should have switched every three or five rows?). As usual, I began too tightly and finished too loosely, but then I'm out of practice. Hopefully I'll improve with each project. I would make this scarf again; want to try it with just the one skein. I chose the other end to wrap over the top than the Red Heart photo shows. If one wanted the ends to be the same, I'm sure two halves could be crocheted and joined somehow where it would be behind the neck. I might try that approach sometime, too.


I've made many pairs of these wrist warmers, pattern here. It may be unnecessary, but for the second one of the pair, I reverse the directions, putting the thumb hole on the 4th row from the end (Row 9), toward the end of the row. Otherwise it looks wrong-side-out to me. Either way, I don't think it's exactly the same. The bluish lavender pair is smaller and will keep my hands warm while reading on cold winter nights. 



The dusty rose pair is larger and fit over gloves. They have been perfect for adding warmth while scraping the car on a frigid morning and can be removed and stuffed in coat pockets as the day warms. The prayer shawl from a recent post and the top two items date from before this old post. Nothing slow about me! (As you can see, I had a total lapse in my thinking on the lavender warmers and snipped the yarn before I slip-stitched them together. Where was my mind?!)

From the desk calendar:

"He that waits upon fortune, is never sure of a dinner."
Benjamin Franklin

(Oh dear. However, I have decided that when my current job comes to an end, I'm going to at least take a break so I can see where I stand.)

A heart turned to prayer will find its answer just as surely as the dawn's light sweeps away the darkness.

(I think pausing to see if I feel clearly led to do something in particular seems the right thing to do at this point in my life.)


Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:8

This is my 200th post! :O)
Happy All Hallows' Eve!
Bess

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 200th post! The gloves are a pretty colour and the patterned scarf very attractive. I agree with your comment about pausing before you feel clearly led to do something. Amen to the scripture Psalm 62.8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bess,

    Congratulations on your 200th post! What an accomplishment, indeed. And, to grant us these beautifully knitted creations, perfect for the season ahead, is an extra special treat! I love the wise words and imagery of the second quote, so true!

    Have a blessed week, my friend!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess