Friday, September 6, 2013

When I Retire I'll ...



Happy Friday Evening to All!

I thought I'd share a couple of my very primitive sketches based on two sweet bears from Three O'clock Bears. Have you visited Jenny's site? Her handcrafted bears are amazing and adorable. She does bunnies and such as well.

My sketches don't begin to do the original bears justice. (And they scan on the light side.) I'm not even sure I could find the photos of the bears I chose to sketch one day in June 2012. But please stop by and peruse her site. Her work is amazing!


From my Retirement Journal:

"I want to do more sketching and watercoloring (for fun and to improve). They need longer blocks of time to do, I think. One can 'pick up' knitting or needlepoint or even writing, but for me anyway, I usually do my sketches in one sitting."

And this:

Movies I want to watch - either before or after I retire:

- Julie and Julia (have now seen it on tv)
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
- Miss Potter (again)
- Enchanted April (again)
- Mrs. Winterbourne (again)
- Amelie (again)
- Tea with Mussolini (again)
- Midnight in Paris (I've forgotten what this one is!)
- Quartet (with Maggie Smith)

Those are the movies I've written down so far on my list in my Retirement Journal. I don't own any of them, but when I retire I plan to cancel cable and get Netflix or just occasionally splurge on renting a flick from Amazon. What movies would be on your list?

Now devote your heart and soul
to seeking the Lord your God.
1 Chronicles 22:19

Think I'll surf a little, then get comfy and read until I'm sleepy ... which I don't think will take long!

Hope you enjoy your weekend! 
Bess

5 comments:

  1. Hi Bess,

    Nice list. Have you seen When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail and Something's Gotta Give? These are three of my all time favourite romantic comedies. Just saw Before Midnight yesterday and am spellbound by the writing, the acting and the chemistry between Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy.

    Happy viewing!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Poppy! You've Got Mail is one of my favorites. I've seen the other two, but it's been a long time, so I'm glad to be reminded of them! Believe it or not, another of my favorite movies is Evan Almighty! Moves me every time I watch it. Blessings, and I hope you don't have any more computer problems! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sketches are cute! I've seen all those films but two. The Marigold Hotel is one I plan to watch soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manuela! I like Judi Dench in the As Time Goes By reruns, so I'm looking forward to that movie too. I don't watch the Bond movies, but I assume she's good in those as well. Thanks for visiting! Bess

      Delete
  4. I think your sketches are terrific! I watch Enchanted April sometimes just to hear the rain - but NOT THIS WEEK! Ha! Enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess