Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Serene Sunday




It's fairly early yet, but I'm hoping for a serene Sunday. I'm sitting up in bed with my laptop, having just consumed the last piece of pizza, checking a few blogs, listening to the whistle of the train going by a mile west (leaving palpable peace and quiet after it passes), glancing at two of the four kitties snoozing away, a gentle breeze floating in through the window  ... and I felt a little guilty about not getting up a new post.

I'm much too entrenched to get up and get out my camera, so we have the photo above that didn't make my Autumn Tribute post (which I actually first posted in 2011, then reposted last year).

I do need to grocery shop, do one more laundry load, and wash my hair, but there's no hurry. (Was in need of a "slow" morning, so am having church at home today.) As for leisure, I hope to finish adding fringe to a soft and cozy prayer shawl, play the piano a bit, and of course, read and read some more.

Welcome to my new followers and new visitors and a big thanks to all my regulars for your loyalty and patience!


Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

I hope you'll have a serene Sunday yourselves,
Bess


1 comment:

  1. Hi Bess,

    Sounds like the perfect Sunday to me. Indulging a little every now and then, especially on a Sunday, with favourite pastimes, is serene in itself, is it not? Enjoy your day.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess