Saturday, August 10, 2013

New to Me Book(s)


I may be the last to learn of the Tilda books, but I just received and read my first, Tilda's Seaside Ideas, and it is so cute! It is written by Tone Finnanger and apparently originates from Norway. Fortunately, the books are available in English. 

It is a craft book, but I don't know that I'll ever make any of the crafts. However, I adore the lovely vignettes; the sweet crafted dolls and other items; the soothing, soft colors ... all beautifully photographed and printed on wonderful paper (yes, I think I might have a paper fetish!).


There are many other Tilda books to be discovered on Amazon or ilovetilda.com. (I'll only show the one inside page ... don't want to spoil it for you!)

Do you have any of the Tilda books? Do you have a favorite? Have you made any of the crafts? I'm going to enjoy them as gentle, slim, decorating books, and if I ever make something, that will just be icing on the cake!

Send therefore to Joppa and ask for Simon who is surnamed Peter; he is staying in the house of Simon the tanner by the seaside.
Acts 10:32


If you would like to read more, here is the Amazon link:


 
If you haven't been able to escape to the seaside in body this summer, then I hope you've been able to in spirit! (I have to do the latter.)

May an abundance of beautiful blessings be yours,
Bess

4 comments:

  1. Bess, I owned the Christmas one and donated to the library...I figured others should enjoy the loveliness :) m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! I often do the same thing myself. Things come to live with me for varying amounts of time (maybe years, maybe months), and then I realize I'm done with them and either donate them to the library or Goodwill. There's one other Tilda I especially want to get, but the title escapes me right now! Thanks for stopping by! Bess

      Delete
  2. Hi Bess,

    What a beautiful blue book of seaside ideas! Love all those shabby sea inspired textures, patterns and motifs. Looks absolutely lovely as does your complement of a teacup! Thanks for sharing!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poppy! I hope you didn't feel the recent earthquake (if I remember the news headline correctly). That teacup is part of a set my grandmother had ... she called them her breakfast dishes, and there's a link on my sidebar called Breakfast Tablescape that shows the pattern. Hoping you're doing a lot of singing! :O) Bess

      Delete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess