Sunday, August 11, 2013

All Over the Place

I thought if I sat on Mama's chair she wouldn't blog. Oh well.

Hi Friends!

Weather-wise, this summer has been all over the place. In June, I would have thought we were in for another hot, dry period, which would have extended the drought we've been in.

Then a miracle happened, and periodic rains fell ... 1/4" here, 1/2" there, with some lovely, cooler days sprinkled about.

Now, however, some of our neighbors have had too much rain, and my thoughts and prayers are with them. Not us, fortunately, though the 5" total last week bordered on being too much.  One thing we have been short on lately is sunshine! There have been many cloudy evenings and weekends, which don't allow the best lighting for taking blog photos.

But I can't complain. The moisture has been an answer to prayer, and an outright miracle. (As I write, we are under another flood watch; there have been many such watches this summer.)

We kitties are experts at keeping Mama from making the bed.
By the way, see my Black Belt?! 'Nuf said.

Likewise, and you may have noticed, my blog has been all over the place. Some blog authors declare they are "keeping it real." I think that's super, and I read several like that. Others are more of a deliberate escape from reality ... a pretty little spot of repose. I love several blogs of that ilk, as well.

As for me, I think I've been going both ways (although my main intent is to keep this blog as positive as possible). Anymore what you get on this blog is a real mixed bag, just like my life! So some posts have dishes, while some dish on an observation about life.

And probably far too many of my posts are about books. No ... wait ... a blog can never have too many posts about books!  :O)

Of course, I truly hope my love for God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit emanates from this spot on the web, or for me my blog has failed to be in the most important place of all.

If I ignore her maybe she won't throw out this ugly pillow like
she's been threatening to. Nope. It's left the building. Bummer.

So for you who are faithful visitors, I thank you and appreciate you so very much. I want to also extend a big welcome to my new followers and readers! Welcome!

My boss often teases me about how much I keep my eye on weather reports. Guess I'm a lot like Mrs. Bale on As Time Goes By: "... I'm far happier with a good book and the shipping forecast." Yep, that's me!

"When you arise in the morning,
think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive- 
to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."
Marcus Aurelius

Go away. You will never get a good shot of me. Never!

Revel in it all, and keep on paddling!
Bess
PS: The kitties want to thank you for putting up with their gratuitous photos.
                                                                                                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bess,

    All over the place is good! After all, if we're not all over the place, then we are in one spot, stagnant, like a swamp, and that, can get scary!

    Have a great week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess