Sunday, April 28, 2013

I've always loved this quote:

Tatted bookmark on left, crocheted bookmark on right; both made by my great aunt.

I don't know what the future may hold,
but I know who holds the future. 
Ralph Abernathy

(Just in case we needed to be reminded of that today.)

And for anyone who was frustrated I didn't share the titles of my most recent "donate" books, which have now "left the building":

The bottom book if you can't see it is a cute children's book: Just Being Audrey.

The top book is The Color of Tea (a novel). (I often turn books upside down to protect them from kitties, etc.) I never did read the Claudine series by Colette. After perusing the introduction or whatever, I decided it wasn't something I wanted to read. The book underneath Holy Habits is Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray. Didn't finish that one because it wasn't speaking to my heart, and life is too short! But I was disappointed I didn't care for it. Maybe some other time... Oh, the bluish book turned away is simply an extra journal. The rest of the books were enjoyed, but just not "keepers" worthy of taking up my limited space for books. 

The Color of Tea had just a very few ... I'll call them steamy parts ... which I skipped over because at my age I'm just not interested in that anymore, plus I want what I read to be as wholesome as possible. These days I think that's a bit more difficult to do with TV and movies, but the content of what I read or view is something I try to keep in mind.

Well Dear Ones, you can tell I couldn't think of a thing to post about today so this is what you get! :O)

For I know the plans I have for you,
declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

I consider that our present sufferings
are not worth comparing with the glory
that will be revealed in us.
Romans 8:18

Blessings for a safe, healthy, and happy week!
Bess

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bess,

    These pretty, handmade bookmarks are surely precious to you - my goodness, they have been taken care of with love! I adore the way they are placed on the crisp, white material, (is it a tablecloth), with the crocheted doily next to them (for added texture), and the charming crockery complementing them. What a creative way to introduce your books! And you thought you didn't have anything to post about! Ha!;)

    Poppy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about tomorrow;
    I just live from day to day.
    I don't borrow from its sunshine
    For its skies may turn to grey.
    I don't worry o'er the future,
    For I know what Jesus said.
    And today I'll walk beside Him,
    For He knows what is ahead.
    Many things about tomorrow
    I don't seem to understand
    But I know who holds tomorrow
    And I know who holds my hand.

    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is lovely, J! I can almost hear a tune running through my mind, but not quite. Thanks for visiting and sharing. Blessings right back at you! Bess

      Delete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess