Sunday, February 24, 2013

Two to Read for Spring



I first learned about Jeanne d'Arc Living's beautiful book Fairytale Easter from Julie Marie at Idyll Hours. She shared such a lovely post about the book here that I splurged on a copy for myself. She then shared her lovely take on one of the book's suggestions here. Don't we learn about such wonderful things in blogland?


The quality of the paper and photos is wonderful.



And of course, I'm savoring my Spring issue of The Cottage Journal:

I think maybe Cora was wearing a necklace similar to this one
in the last episode of Downton Abbey. The one she wore was longer, though.


(back cover)

Some of my photos are rather dark. The sunshine was starting to fade as I began taking pictures. We are awaiting another snowstorm here in the Central Plains, but I will peruse my pretty pages while looking forward to:


This is the day the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24   NLT

Be happy!
Bess

7 comments:

  1. The Cottage Journal books are wonderful! And a wonderful time of year to celebrate rebirth!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like lovely reads. I will have to check them out. I just bought the Feb issue of England's Country Living magazine and so far I like it so much better than the American version. Thanks for sharing. If nothing else, I can check them out of the library to drool over.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we can get British Country Living in our area, so I would have to get the 1-year subscription through Amazon, and I'm not quite ready to spend that much. But it sounds wonderful! I'll have to check the library for it ... wouldn't that be a nice miracle! Bess

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post! Makes me think about all kinds of things.
    I now know what people are talking about when they talk about Cora and Downton Abbey! We started watching it a couple of weeks ago and it was like me with a good book, I don't put it down until I'm finished with the book. We made it through Season 3. WHAT! ;)
    Does that birdcage in the photo have paper birds in it? That's a neat idea if it does.
    Thanks for stopping by my handkerchief post. I enjoyed your comments.
    :) Stay warm. Wait for Spring. (We had horrible winds yesterday - like we've never seen in this area before. Wow. Glad it's calm today. Chilly and calm. Warm in the sun. I'll toss you some sunny warmth!)
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS love the light and shadows on your photos just makes it extra special to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! I think the birdcage holds hyacinths(?) in paper or paper sacks. It is hard to see exactly in my photo, and I'm at work so I can't doublecheck. The book contains tons of decorated and non-decorated eggs, maybe just a bit too many, but the flowers, etc. are really pretty. Tee hee: I had read early in the season what was going to happen with Matthew, so I wasn't shocked, thank goodness. Some viewers think Julian Fellowes was crazy, but it wasn't his fault. Sybil and Matthew both wanted off the show. But it is too bad they didn't just settle for a leave of absence. Season 4 should be interesting! We are warmer today, thank you! :O) Bess

      Delete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess