Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Fun Find



Hello Everyone! Sorry to only have posted once this past week. I just ran out of steam, so I didn't get on my computer at night.



I do want to welcome my new followers to my blog, along with any new visitors and my faithful readers. I appreciate each and every one of you! Thank you so very much for your kind comments. Please forgive me if I don't always respond either on my blog or yours. I want to, but it will just depend on available time and my energy! 

Gotta keep my recliner covered
because the kitties think it's theirs!

Yesterday I was in the mood to hit up one of our local thrift shops. I tried on a few things (bought a blouse and a sweater half-price for a total of $4.50!), and as I left the dressing room, I spotted these framed prints. Their backs are stamped Marsel Mirror Brooklyn NY and written in ink pen is the year 1978. No artist signature or name. Don't you think they look like and maybe are Audrey Hepburn? 


They were only $5 each and the right coloring for my bedroom, so I splurged. Plus they reminded me of Downton Abbey as well ... and the book I'm reading entitled The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin, which is very Downton Abbeyish, and the writing is well done, I think. The main character is even named Cora! So far there have only been a couple paragraphs I've skipped over because I'm just not interested. But really, it's 99.99% good story.  (I'm about 2/3 through.)


Anyway, I had wanted something for over my recliner, but my grandfather's paintings were either too large or not right. I had looked through my old calendars and didn't find anything that grabbed me either. In time I'll rearrange the Audrey prints and add something else because of there being a little too much space. 


Seek the Lord and His strength;
seek His face continually.
1 Chronicles 16:11  NASB

Hope you have power wherever you are and can keep cozy, read, and sip tea today!
Bess

6 comments:

  1. Your pictures reminded me immediately of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. They are very pretty and it's nice they will go perfectly in your bedroom. Isn't it fun when you find such treasures for very affordable prices?
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do remind me of Audrey Hepburn, they are very lovely. You found them for an amazing price, too.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are pretty and look just right on your wall. They remind me of a dreamy-looking Audrey Hepburn in a 'My Fair Lady' style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ladies, for stopping by and leaving a comment! I do wonder if the prints are too young for a woman of a certain age to have on her bedroom wall, but then since bedrooms are private, I guess I'll just enjoy them as long as I'm in the mood to have them on my walls. We do have good prices at the thrift shops in my town ... rural areas, I suppose, can't get the higher prices. But unfortunately, we are also very limited in a selection of the lovely things so many of you are able to find. I am often envious! :O) I'll be visiting each of you later. Enjoy your week. Bess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bess,

    Your prints are lovely and enchanting. Yes, they do look like the beautiful actress in question. They probably are, but she did look like a doll, did she not? So pretty and dainty and sweet. Enjoy them!

    Poppy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Poppy! Yes, I agree her appearance was like a doll! (Wonder if she received any royalties for the use of her likeness?) Blessings for a delightful week. Bess

      Delete

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess