Sunday, January 27, 2013

Book Talk: Alda Ellis


Over the years I've managed to collect some of Alda's books. Most are gift books, with wonderful vintage art, poetry, quotes, sentiments, and Alda's heartfelt writing. A couple (the bottom two above) contain recipes and seasonal/event entertaining ideas:




Ms. Ellis used to own Alda's Forever Company, selling gorgeous silver and gifts. Her advertisements were often seen in Victoria Magazine. Now she and her husband open their home and property near Little Rock for weddings and events. You can learn more about Alda and Magnolia Hill here.





If any little word of mine
May make some heart the lighter;
If any little song of mine
May make some life the brighter;
God let me speak that little word
And take my bit of singing
And plant it in some lonely vale
To set the echoes ringing.
Anonymous
(from A Heart Full of Happiness by Alda Ellis)





From My Front Porch

I remembered too late that I also have The Gentle Art of Hospitality. A quick search hasn't revealed its hiding place, so I will have to share it with you another time.

I must close and go outside and enjoy some of this balmly, albeit breezy day we're having here. If you're getting freezing rain and ice, please be extra cautious! You are too precious ... don't want you to take a spill!


He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Isaiah 40:29

Linking to Charlotte's Spiritual Sundays. Please visit and read some of the great posts you'll find there!

Wishing you a wonderful day and a blessed week!
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess