Friday, January 18, 2013

Adjusting to New Curtains



A few weeks ago I splurged on a total of 19 new 84" thermal curtain panels for all the rooms in my house (excluding the enclosed porch). I'd had my sheers up for years. Loved the light they let in, but not the cold:




I found the thermals online at Walmart, but naturally, they were out of my first color choice. So the starkness of the stone blue next to white walls takes some getting used to. It's a bit soon to tell if they've helped my gas bill, but I'm hoping they will by a noticeable amount.

With the flash.  Without is a truer color. 

They came with sharp creases, but fluffing in the dryer with a damp tea towel helped a lot. I'm really pleased with the quality.


The view toward the china cabinet. This photo was spur-of-the-moment, so I didn't remove the towel(s) I keep on my grandmother's needlepoint chairs. I now have to keep books on them as well, because Kallie kitty has taken to pulling the towels off for entertainment. Hopefully she'll forget her new game before too long.

Well, this post smacks of desperation! :o) This time of year I have so little time at home with sunshine that I'm not getting many photos taken. Hopefully this weekend I can get a few snaps for other posts.

My kitty desktop calendar for tomorrow says:  "When things go wrong, go right to God."  Great advice, don't you think?!

I hope you're off to a joy-filled start to your weekend.  Try to relax, and remember:

... greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:4 KJV

... in all these things we are more than conquerors,
through him that loved us.
Romans 8:37 KJV

Be still, and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10 KJV

When there is no answer, Jesus is the Answer.  He's got your back!

Many blessings be unto you,
Bess


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess