Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Amazing Mrs. Willet



After telling of the various country talents and activities of
Mrs. Willet (a "Proverbs 31" woman), Miss Read writes:

The fact that she can do so many things, and take enormous pride in doing them well, is, I think, the secret of this apparently inexhaustible energy. There are so many different things to engage her, that when she tires of one, there is another to which she can turn and get refreshment.

... It is a creative life.  There is something worthwhile to show for energy expended which engenders the desire to accomplish more. Small wonder that the Mrs. Willets of this world are happy, and deserve to be so.

From the book Village Diary by Miss Read, a/k/a Dora Jessie Saint, 1957

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and to all the
"Mrs. Willets" out there,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess