Saturday, March 31, 2012

Stealth


Stealthy bunny:


Stealthy kitty:


Stealthy handwork:


Desperate times call for desperate measures!  I've taken to sitting on the edge of my bed and sneaking in a row or two of knitting or crochet on the fly and on the sly by keeping my projects in the bottom drawer of my dresser.  On the fly because I knit a row right before leaving for work in the morning or on my lunch hour; on the sly to avoid curious kitties.  If they come around (of course!) I can shut the drawer leaving only the strand of yarn leading to the work I'm holding.  My photos are rather iffy ... I think my flash has given out completely, and color correction isn't an ideal solution.  Come to think of it, the journals in that same drawer are stealthy, too:


I make dishcloths and washcloths so I can feel like I finish something every once in awhile!  I'm finally on the last skein for the prayer shawl.  I was getting discouraged that I wasn't farther along, so I'd wind up abandoning it for long periods.  I know ... makes no sense whatsoever! Likewise, if we don't feel as if we're growing in our walk with God, it won't make sense to abandon the walk for long periods.  On the contrary:

I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness in the exuberant earth.  Stay with God!  Take heart.  Don't quit.
I'll say it again:  Stay with God.
Psalm 27:13-14   The Message

Enjoy your weekend!
Bess

Linking up with Charlotte for Spiritual Sundays.