Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Royal Doulton Calais Tableware


Oh my.  Some days it seems that it's rush, rush, rush from the time one gets up to the time one finally gets in bed with a sigh of relief.  But I wanted a new post, so today at lunch I hurriedly took a few snaps of another of the Royal Doulton place settings I inherited from my mother.  Mostly I wound up with some really bad photos, but I'll share a few anyway.


This pattern is called Calais, from their Moselle Collection.  It is not very old (1984).  As I've mentioned before, somewhere along the way my mother purchased eight Royal Doulton place settings (at a bargain?), and I kept six of them.  I've shared two other patterns here and here






I think the figurine was my grandmother's, but I'm not sure.  The only marking is a number.


A song for Ash Wednesday.  Go HERE (be patient with the long intro) to hear this pretty hymn. (And if you don't like that version, there are several good ones on youtube):

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward to Thy glorious rest above!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus,
spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore!
How He watches o’er His loved ones, died to call them all His own;
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o’er them from the throne!

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, love of every love the best!
’Tis an ocean full of blessing, ’tis a haven giving rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, ’tis a heaven of heavens to me;
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee!
S. Trevor Francis  1875

Blessings,
Bess

I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Bernideen at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog for Friends Sharing Tea
Dear Lovely Ladies:  I don't leave a comment very often,
but I do visit your beautiful blogs frequently
and always enjoy your wonderful posts!
Thank You, Lovely Tea Ladies!